Boston, MA /
At Tagup, we use machine learning to make the machines that power the world safer, more reliable, and more efficient. As a rapidly scaling AI/ML technology company, we are looking to expand our team.
Work with the founding team to build a system capable of ingesting, storing, and analyzing terabytes of industrial equipment data to extract meaningful insights from real-world data. We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety. Clients include Fortune 500 companies in North America and Europe.
We are seeking talented engineers interested in designing elegant solutions to difficult problems to join our growing company. As a member of our Software Engineering team, you will be building and maintaining our primary API, serving customer and partner data to our data science teams and application development team.
- Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry (using lots of unique data!)
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our primary API
- Ensure reliable delivery of equipment data from source through to the end users (data scientists, operating engineers, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Python
- Experience with microservice architectures (service boundaries, interfaces, reliability)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Curious and efficient learner and worker
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table
- Strong communication skills
- Heavy emphasis on clean, quality code
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience working with very large datasets and/or a columnar store database (Scylla, Cassandra, etc.)
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (Dask, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Meaningful contributions to open-source projects
- Proficient with modern web technologies/frameworks
- Experience with machine learning
- Good understanding of REST API
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, 401(k) fund options, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.