Somerville, MA /
Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry. We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety. Clients include Fortune 500 companies in North America and Europe.
We are seeking talented engineers interested in designing elegant solutions to difficult problems to join our growing company. As a member of our Software Engineering team, you will be building and maintaining our primary API, codenamed Thor. Thor will be available to our clients to extend our platform functionality, so your work must be clear, scalable, extensible, and well-documented.
- Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry (using lots of unique data!)
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our primary API
- Contribute to building critical tools to manage our solution
- 2+ years of REST API development experience
- Proficient with modern web technologies/frameworks (think Node/Express, Python/Django, etc.)
- Good understanding of REST API
- Fast and efficient learner and worker
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table
- Strong communication skills
- Heavy emphasis on clean, quality code
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- In-depth knowledge in JavaScrip and Node.js
- Experience working with very large datasets and/or a TSDB (Influx, etc.)
- Contributions to an open-source project
- Working knowledge of Python or Golang
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.