Senior DevOps Engineer
Somerville, MA /
At Tagup, we use machine learning to make the machines that power the world safer, more reliable, and more efficient. As a rapidly scaling AI/ML technology company, we are looking to expand our team.
Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry. We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety. Clients include Fortune 500 companies in North America and Europe.
We are seeking talented engineers interested in helping with scaling and automating our infrastructure as we grow our customer base and continue to ingest more data. As a member of the DevOps team, you will work to build and maintain the high level of our SaaS application infrastructure. This position is a high-impact role for maximizing the efficiency of our product engineering and data science teams through infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, and leveraging best-in-class cloud services. We are looking for someone excited to take initiatives and partner with teams to continually improve our platform and how we work.
- Build and manage cloud infrastructure, which includes computing, storage, network, and security.
- Build and manage Kubernetes clusters & containerization of applications.
- Build and manage CI/CD Pipelines.
- Ensure overall system up-time, reliability, and security, while being mindful of costs.
- Monitor and test global application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work closely with the software engineering team to implement those fixes.
- Advocate for system and operational improvements in feature/project discussions.
- You are highly technical and analytical, with 4+ years of DevOps experience
- You have experience building and managing large pieces of cloud infrastructure as code, using providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP, with tools such as Chef, Terraform, Puppet, ansible, cloud formation, and salt stack
- You have experience with helping developers containerize applications and running containers at scale in production
- You have experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, circleCI, Travis
- You have experience with at least one type of datastore (MySQL, Postgres, Influxdb, MongoDB)
- Experience with data pipelines (extra bonus points for streaming data pipelines)
- Experience with regulatory compliance (PCI, GDPR, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience with ML/AI
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.