Data Science Intern
Somerville, MA /
Machine Intelligence /
**This posting is for part-time or full-time interns beginning in Fall 2020.**
At Tagup, we use machine learning to make the machines that power the world safer, more reliable, and more efficient. During this internship, you will work closely with our co-founder/CTO and data science team on implementing cutting-edge machine learning methods and integrating them into our platform. The ideal candidate should have a strong academic background in ML and excellent programming abilities, preferably in Python. Interns will have the opportunity and support to publish on company blogs and academic journals.
Potential projects include:
- Investigating deep learning network architectures for time-series survival modelling of industrial assets
- Implementing distributed learning algorithms for large scale operating mode and anomaly detection on industrial data
- Develop model-based reinforcement learning algorithms to minimize power and water consumption in industrial processes
- At least 1 year of academic or professional data science work or experience
- Deep familiarity with Python
Technical expertise and proficiency in deep learning using Keras, Tensorflow, or Pytorch
Background in time series analysis, survival modeling, hidden Markov models, Gaussian processes, and variational inference
Experience working with very large datasets, especially using Dask
Join us in the vibrant Greentown Labs community, the largest cleantech incubator in the United States. As an intern at Tagup you will enjoy all the benefits of being a Greentown Labs member, including monthly networking events with tech start-ups from around the Greater Boston area.