Senior Front-End Engineer
Somerville, MA /
Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry. We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety. Clients include Fortune 500 companies in North America and Europe.
We are seeking talented engineers interested in designing elegant solutions to difficult problems to join our growing company. As a member of our Software Engineering team, you will lead the team’s front-end web development efforts: prototyping and implementing new capabilities. Your work will be instrumental in delivering value to our production clients, including innovative approaches to equipment and fleet data visualization, collaboration tooling, and overall application design.
- Working closely with UX/UI resources to turn wireframes and visual designs into compelling user-facing products.
- Working with technical leads, engineers, designers, business analysts, and operations teams to develop our primary client-side web application.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications and ensure them to be rendered consistently in cross-browser environments.
- Prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Writing clean, scalable, standards-compliant, and reusable code with strong focus on quality.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds.
- Have a proactive mindset and bring ideas to the table.
- Deep focus on detail and quality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated (in your portfolio) eye for design and solving real-world user problems.
- Experience writing tests for front-end code.
- Experience working with extensive datasets.
- Relevant experience in data visualization using D3.js or other visualization library/tool.
- Working knowledge with other server/web technologies (Python, Java, etc.)
- Contributions to open-source frameworks and/or libraries.
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.