Energy Sales Development Representative
Somerville, MA /
As a rapidly scaling technology company, we are expanding our sales team to drive revenue growth. We are currently looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) specializing in enterprise ML software sales to join our growing team. In this position, the SDR will focus on outbound prospecting within the electric utility industry.
At Tagup, we work with equipment owners, operators and manufacturers around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety. Candidates for this position should have direct experience with regulated utilities, enterprise software, and preferably analytics products.
We're looking for a go-getter, proactive communicator, fast learner, problem solver, and software/technology lover. We promise a fun, engaging environment, close relationship with a highly dedicated team, and the satisfaction of working toward a greater social good. As an early-stage product trying to find market fit, you can expect to experiment and learn from failure, chart the uncharted, learn from others, and use your time and resources efficiently. As one of our first sales hires, success in this role will have a crucial impact on the product's success, and may quickly lead to a more senior role.
- Work closely with co-founder to plan, execute, and improve the sales process
- Manage the pipeline utilizing HubSpot CRM to track sales activity and updates
- Design systems to better improve your funnels and performance
- Generate lists and leads through prospecting - conference lists, web research, networking, and social media
- Schedule demos, identify new business opportunities, and support founder with closing deals
- Work to accelerate sales cycle and refine the lead development process
- Support the onboarding process for new customers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Comfortable with modern business tools, including collaborative office tools like Google Apps, web conferencing, and CRM systems
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and respect for security and privacy
- Organization, ability to prioritize, resourcefulness, and diligence
- Strong ownership, bias for action, and a willingness to roll-up your sleeves
- Desire to work in fast-paced, challenging environment
- Ability to travel to support sales when required
- Direct experience in SaaS sales
- Experience working for or directly with a regulated utility
- Experience with specific tools, including HubSpot CRM and Google Apps
- Competitive nature – sales DNA
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.