Somerville, MA /
At Tagup, we use machine learning to make the machines that power the world safer, more reliable, and more efficient. As a rapidly scaling AI/ML technology company, we are looking to expand our team.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to work closely with our Project Managers and technical teams, to take responsibility for writing, editing, and proofreading documentation and reports for users and customers. As they develop experience with our technologies, they must develop and update product and training documentation all the way to its publication to customers. We are looking for someone to drive forward the technical documentation initiative and be a leader in the organization.
Our documentation is often technical; the role requires that the writer can grasp many different engineering concepts and communicate them clearly. We are looking for an individual who can take our technical documentation beyond the traditional “what does this chart represent?” to something that is domain and workflow driven. We are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in ensuring that users find the materials helpful and meaningful.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues and working with technical team to discuss technical problems
- Research and build knowledge about our technology and concepts to be documented
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and write and edit technical information accordingly
- Maintain and expand the API reference, conceptual, and task-oriented documentation
- Work with developers to ensure code examples are clear and well written
- Set schedules and provide the right level of documentation for the given deadlines
- Adhere to format, content and style guidelines when creating, updating, and enhancing documentation
- Prepare or work with team to create graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Proofread and format documentation and reports written by others
- Bring fresh ideas to the team and offer advice to make documentation more engaging and relevant
- Prepare training materials and other documentation as required
- Written Communication: ability to explain concepts clearly
- Knowledge or an interest in Computer Sciences and Machine Learning
- Experience with LaTeX or similar authoring tools including generating help files to HTML
- General knowledge in one or more of the following areas: electric infrastructure, power generation, water infrastructure, defense, and building systems.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.