Product Manager - Energy
Somerville, MA /
At Tagup, we work with equipment owners, operators and manufacturers around the world to increase critical infrastructure reliability, reduce operating costs, and improve safety. As a rapidly scaling AI/ML technology company, we are expanding our commercial deployments team to support revenue growth.
We are currently looking for a Product Manager (Energy) to join our growing team, owning all energy sector commercial engagements (e.g., electric utilities, wind, oil & gas).
In this position, the Product Manager will work closely with our technical team (data engineers, data scientists and software engineers/developers) to deliver cutting-edge analytics/software solutions to our customers in the energy sector.
The Product Manager will own the customer experience from contract close through product implementation and sustained use.
We seek a highly motivated, seasoned professional who will develop customer relationships that promote retention and customer loyalty. The Product Manager will work closely with our technical team to deliver value by onboarding new customers (via analytics deployments/software implementation) and ensure sustained customer satisfaction with the technical services implemented, improving as necessary.
The Product Manager should also help drive revenues by identifying additional opportunities for our customers to use our platform across, and throughout, their organizations.
Candidates for this position should have direct experience with enterprise software deployments, specifically in the energy sector.
- Own overall customer relationship including customer expectations
- Manage multiple contracts/customer deployments concurrently
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of assigned deployments
- Document and manage contract scope, schedule, deliverables, costs, and budget
- Prepare deployment plans at the task, milestone, and resource level
- Communicate effectively (both internally and externally) deployment plans, deliverables, and timing
- Develop, in conjunction with the customer, an implementation/deployment strategy
- Track deployment against plan, anticipate events which may require contingency plans, recommend corrective action, and ensure stakeholders are kept informed
- Manage and coordinate all implementation related issues as well as change requests, ensuring that all issues are followed through to completion
- Meet or exceed customer targets for designated contracts/service agreements
- Assess implementation risks, anticipate challenges, and escalate for support as required
- Continuously analyze customer operations (e.g., maintenance, procurement) to create value, improve customer experience, reduce costs, and ensure customer adoption
- Participate in ongoing process improvement pertaining to the implementation strategy
- Drive and accelerate renewals/upsales through parallel deployments
- Define/relay product requirements for internal teams and align new feature development efforts with new customer applications
- 5+ years experience in project execution, analytics development/deployment, software implementation, and/or services delivery - primarily B2B
- BA/BS degree in engineering, project management, or related field
- Desire to work in fast-paced, challenging environment
- Highly productive and adept at multi-tasking
- Analytical mind, with a propensity to be curious and ask probing questions
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to manage people, manage change, manage customer expectations, and advise senior leadership
- Proven writing experience (project reports or summary write-ups)
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Proven ability to lead customer deployments
- Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to roll-up your sleeves
- Ability to travel to customer sites when required by deployment
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.