VP of Sales
Taika is a perfectly calibrated ready-to-drink, adaptogen-infused coffee, offering a blissfully balanced boost to your day. Functional, healthy and amazingly delicious. It’s not just coffee. Our mission is to help people live a healthier lifestyle by redesigning the food and drinks that billions of us consume daily to be both delicious AND authentically good for you.
A highly motivated and enthusiastic person who has an interest in coffee and shares our passion for increasing human wellness through products that are functional, healthy and delicious.
You have significant experience growing and building beverage brands, with recent experience in the natural and specialty channels. Your job will be to build and lead the sales team to hit ambitious goals by growing points of distribution, managing relationships and driving significant sales in national and regional retail channels. This is one of our key growth drivers and a critical role for the company.
If you are passionate about our mission, have a strong track record of building beverage brands and successfully growing key accounts, we would love to talk.
We're looking for people who are
- Believers - you are excited about vastly improving human health through food and beverages
- Strong leaders - you have the unique ability to lead and inspire others to do their best
- Organized - you are systematic and effective in managing your priorities and workload
- Entrepreneurial - you have hustle, and are excited about working with an early-stage startup taking on new challenges and opportunities
- Data informed - you use data to validate & invalidate your intuition
- Analytical mindset - with a bias for measuring, testing, and iterating on programs
- Self-motivated – you can work independently in your market and thrive in a team setting
- Strong communicator - you communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Curious - you are always eager to learn and understand more about the space
- Hospitality mindset - you go the extra mile (or two) to delight customers
- Dynamic - comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- 5-7 years CPG sales or account management experience, preferably with non-alcoholic beverage/food brands
- Proven track record building a successful CPG brand in a direct sales role
- Must have: proven success in selling through multiple channels regionally and nationally - specifically in the natural, specialty & grocery channels. Bonus - experience with channels such as mass, convenience, club, drug, on-premise, e-commerce.
- Strong relationships with distributors and retailers
- Proven leadership experience building and managing teams
- A keen understanding of the fundamentals of pricing, promotions, gross profit, gross margin strategies and execution
- Proficient with software; speak both mobile and web, specifically experience working with a CRM (e.g Salesforce or Hubspot) or an ERP system like Dear or Netsuite
- Data driven: proficient in analyzing and managing targets using syndicated data (e.g Nielsen, IRI & SPINS) to formulate clear decisions and strategies
- Willingness to travel to work with and develop direct reports, and to make key distributor and retailer visits
Benefits + compensation
In addition to a competitive early-stage startup salary and generous equity you will receive:
Platinum level medical, dental, and vision benefits
Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks/year)
Unlimited adaptogenic coffee and snacks
Related perks promoting a healthy lifestyle
Opportunity to grow as the company grows