Staff / Senior Staff Backend Engineer
Engineering – Product Engineering /
Who we are
Here at Scoop, we recognize that it’s the people that make a trip to the office worth it. That’s why since 2015 we’ve been focused on building solutions that remove the hurdles of bringing people together, so teams can focus on the work to be done, not where it happens.
We believe that the future of work is hybrid, and we embody that within our own culture. Our team is spread throughout the country and is a mix of passionate, resilient, product-obsessed builders excited to enable the next generation of flexibility for hybrid employees.
What we build
We build solutions that make hybrid work. Whether you’re a manager bringing your team together or an HR leader responsible for a hybrid organization, our platform makes it possible to successfully bring their hybrid experience to life.
Our hybrid work platform encompasses three product areas: Team Sync (hybrid team coordination), Workplace Sync (workplace management), and Commute Sync (carpooling). Within each of these products, our mission remains the same: provide the easiest possible way for teams to make the right decision about where and when work happens.
Our Engineering team
We’re proud to be an experienced, multi-faceted team that is energized to be building the technology that will power the next generation of work. With an emphasis on learning and humility, our Engineering team embraces the idea that engineering is not a lone discipline, partnering closely with the Product and UX teams to understand our users and their needs. Our collaboration enables us to shape the products we build and make effective decisions around trade-offs along the way.
We’re just as passionate about helping our teammates grow and learn as we are about shipping great products and building strong underlying technology. You will be quick to find a team member that is willing to partner code, review, and plan your work together. Our team and processes are built around helping each individual to learn, deliver value, and be successful.
In this role, you will:
- Play a significant role in the design and development of high quality backend web services using Node.js and PostgreSQL
- Contribute and lead development for features and expand our offerings to improve the hybrid work experience for our customers and their employees
- Play a key role in the full software development lifecycle (e.g. Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance)
- Collaborate across UX, Product, and Go-to-market teams to help define, scope, and implement high quality features & end-user capabilities
- Practice test-driven development
- Be passionate about designing and writing high quality, well-tested code, while also taking the initiative to consistently strengthen the underlying technology that powers our development practice
- Have experience with API development and Cloud based application engineering
- Have experience supporting development from ideation to production
- Be comfortable managing projects from concept to completion
- Be excited by and effective at collaborating and communicating with different stakeholders
- Have significant overall experience as a high-performing software developer
Important note: as long as you have the experience/abilities, we don’t care how you got there! This may look like 7+ years in industry, a computer science or other relevant advanced degree, impressive personal projects/accomplishments, or any other meaningful experience!
- Have curiosity and desire for continuous improvement both personally and engineering wide
- Get extra excited about building and shipping innovative new products
A note about diversity and inclusion
If you've gotten this far reading our job posting and aren't sure whether you are a fully qualified fit for a role, we strongly encourage you to go ahead and apply or reach out to us. A bulleted list that you're supposed to use to self-qualify is admittedly a bit rigid. We know that,and we know that a resume or profile is only one dimension of who you are and what you're capable of.
At Scoop, we're excited to learn about and embrace all types of educational journeys, backgrounds, and personalities. It's what enables us to continue pursuing a genuine mixture of genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, nationalities, and social styles. Like most of tech, we continue to have work to do in this arena, but we're committed to investing building our diverse team and reflecting on the inclusiveness we strive to maintain and embody in our collaboration and communication each day.