Growth Marketing Manager
San Francisco, California
Marketing – Marketing
Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Marketing @ Scoop
At Scoop, we bring commuters together in carpools they’ll love by partnering with their employers across the country. While our team member responsibilities are diverse, we are united in our drive to impact quality of life in our communities, and equally driven to invest in each other’s growth.
We’re constantly thinking about how we help commuters make the choice to carpool. To guide that choice, Scoop marketing must craft timely communications for every moment of a user’s lifecycle. From the welcome email, to app updates, to carpooling milestones --- the list of key user moments is long and varied. To help drive growth from each of these moments, Scoop is looking for a rockstar Growth Marketing Manager to help execute and improve our user lifecycle marketing strategy. Reporting to our lead Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for running and optimizing cross-channel user flows (including in-app messaging, email, notifications, and more) to drive a deeper level of engagement with every Scoop carpooler.
Through constant testing and impact analysis you will help us create the proper touchpoint at the right time to help drive increased activation rates, reduce churn, and help thousands of commuters carpool every day. The ideal candidate is a data-driven thinker with a strong writing background and a passion for iterative testing.
Within the first 30 days you will:
- Fully understand Scoop marketing and the Scoop app
- Spend time with Marketing and UX teams to understand how our users think, speak, and interact with the Scoop app
- Understand how we segment our user groups, and our philosophy around communicating with these different groups
- Become familiar with the tools we use for marketing communications
- Develop an understanding of our user KPIs along with all ongoing user flows
Within the first 90 days you will:
- Be responsible for executing all ongoing user communications at Scoop, leveraging various channels to put to a work a strategy created with our lead Product Marketing Manager
- Understand our user funnel and lifecycle, identifying gaps and opportunities to positively influence user KPIs
- Begin to redevelop our user flows to increase activation, reduce churn, and foster a stronger engagement with Scoop users
- Fully own the reporting of metrics behind our user lifecycle and be able to leverage these metrics to identify areas of opportunity to improve the user lifecycle
At the end of your first 6 months you will:
- Redevelop all of our major user flows driving growth in trips taken by users through improvements to activation, retention, and frequency of use
- Establish a rigorous A/B testing agenda to test messaging, subject lines, CTAs, content, email cadence, and more to constantly improve user KPIs
- Implement a content strategy for a regular communications cadence with users
- 2+ years of growth or lifecycle marketing experience @ a Series B or later startup
- Extensive experience with marketing automation platforms: Marketo, AutoPilot, HubSpot, Braze, etc.
- Proven ability to pull insights from data, craft recommendations, and implement communication testing strategies to drive improvements to KPIs
- Exceptional writing and editing skills*Basic HTML + design skills (Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, etc.)
- Strong interest in the mobility space, startups, and technology
- Interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to navigate an ambiguous environment
- Have authorization to work in the United States
*Must have writing samples for review and be willing to complete a writing assignment as part of the interview process.
- A proven history of A/B testing leading to meaningful improvements to the user journey
- Experience with other marketing automation platforms spanning in-app, push, and text communications
- Experience in digital and/or content marketing for user growth is a plus
- Ability to work with a designer to get high-quality creative that’s on-brand and impactful
- A strong interest in tackling business problems and collaborating cross-functionally
Life @ Scoop
Founded in 2015 and based in downtown SF, our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work. At Scoop, we envision a world where commuters feel empowered - starting with a choice to make their commute a meaningful part of their day. We embody that same spirit within our own culture, empowering every team member to make this the most meaningful experience of their career.
Walk into Scoop and you’ll find a furry, tail-wagging welcoming committee. In many ways these fluffy faces exemplify the energy that flows through our office. They are a reminder that while we’re focused and driven, we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously. They also help bridge the gap between our homes and our workplace, just like a Scoop carpool.
The atmosphere overall is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms - blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. It plays out in our balance of scrappy and strategic, frameworks and fast thinking.
At Scoop, we’re all united by our desire to change the way people get to work - and committed to enjoying the journey together along the way.