Senior iOS Engineer
San Francisco, California
Engineering – Product Engineering
Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Learn more in Crunchbase: https://news.crunchbase.com/news/scoop-raises-60m-for-corporate-carpooling-as-gridlock-ruins-america/
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance
- Contribute to a high-quality, tested Swift codebase
- Represent engineering to collaborate with product managers on product features
- Partner with the CTO and technical leads to shape architectural vision and engineering roadmap
- Coach and mentor other engineers on design principles and best practices
- Work on engineering and company wide initiatives
- Be knowledgeable about the iOS ecosystem and user interactions
- Care deeply about quality
- Have experience with or very eager to learn test-driven development
- Love mentoring and collaborating with other engineers
- Have hands on mobile development experience, experience on multiple mobile platforms (Android and iOS) a huge plus
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills being an effective listener and able to adapt your message based on the audience
- Be self-motivated, willing to jump in and actively plug gaps
- Have delivered software features and/or tools that required cross team collaboration
Life @ Scoop
Founded in 2015 and based in downtown SF, our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work. At Scoop, we envision a world where commuters feel empowered — starting with a choice to make their commute a meaningful part of their day. We embody that same spirit within our own culture, empowering every team member to make this the most meaningful experience of their career.
Walk into Scoop and you’ll find a furry, tail-wagging welcoming committee. In many ways these fluffy faces exemplify the energy that flows through our office. They are a reminder that while we’re focused and driven, we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously. They also help bridge the gap between our homes and our workplace, just like a Scoop carpool.
The atmosphere overall is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms — blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. It plays out in our balance of scrappy and strategic, frameworks and fast thinking.
At Scoop, we’re all united by our desire to change the way people get to work — and committed to enjoying the journey together along the way.