Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an Analyst within our Finance Global Reconciliation Team at Tala. This person will support the Reconciliation Program specific to our Philippines market, ensuring the reliability of Tala’s data through reconciliation with third party records. The candidate will drive efforts in determining discrepancies, and coordinate with market partners to investigate and resolve, with the collaboration of all relevant stakeholders. The Global Reconciliation Program is an essential part of our day to day business operations as it ensures that all of our transactional data recorded in our systems are accurate and complete and matches properly the third party statements together with Tala’s internal accounting system. The candidate should feel comfortable working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and be comfortable working with high volumes of data and reports, participating actively in the definition of corrective actions in the spirit of resolving the identified discrepancies.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Data, Product and Engineering to implement a sustainable reconciliation program, with production of reliable exception reports that can be used to enable timely adjustments.
- Coordinate and provide support for market team partners to investigate and resolve exceptions determined. While working long hours won’t be required, there may be some flexibility required on selected working hours to allow for sufficient overlap with our teams in our markets (Philippines, Kenya, and Mexico).
- Prepare, produce, and validate daily, weekly, and monthly transaction-level reconciliations and reports to ensure real-time detection of data anomalies and other risk event issues reports.
- Maintain external data files (Rails transaction statements) and input values into various reports in an efficient manner.
- Prepare regular reporting to Sr Analyst in Kenya, along with reporting to stakeholders to communicate any significant resolution adjustments as well as accumulated discrepancies yet to be resolved.
What you'll need:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience Financial analytics, Reconciliations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or related fields
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.) a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in a dynamic, cross-functional environment; customer-focused, with strong history of driving results, managing complexity and dealing with ambiguity
- Basic understanding of core accounting concepts (balance sheet, profit and loss account, impact of cash transactions on accounts receivable)
- Preferable: Spanish speaking/writing skills for easier communication with our in-market teams and rails partners in Mexico
Who you are:
- Loves data – will dig deep to understand the intricacies of a data set
- Can manage discovery and reporting projects from end to end
- Have a strong curiosity around what makes a business tickKnow how to translate questions into a set of metrics, requirements, and/or reporting
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.