Senior User Researcher
Mexico City /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The Senior User Researcher will work from Mexico and be part of Tala’s global Insights team. The mission of Tala’s Insights team is to drive a collaborative process to generate trustworthy insights that lead to empathy-fueled action.
What You'll Do
- Conducting user research studies or consumer research and analyzing the data collected, generate insights that influence how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Lead end-to-end mixed-method research activities such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability, concept testing, and logs analysis including driving research objectives, hypotheses, methodology, execution, analysis, and communication
- Defining research questions and selecting appropriate methods of data collection to deliver stakeholder-relevant value at any stage of business and timelines for finishing research projects
- Identifying top priorities to improve customer experience and then align with the business for prioritization, e.g what will create pain relievers for our customers
- Work with the data team to query and synthesize insights that support designers’ or product managers’ hypotheses
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in market research or user research inside innovative consumer fintech, financial, mobile or digital companies
- Demonstrated ability to provide valuable insights through mastery of human-centered design techniques and mixed research methods: surveys, interviews, focus groups, concept testing, usability testing, A/B testing, etc.
- Natural collaborator and influencer with experience working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Credit, Data Analytics, and Marketing/Growth team members in Mexico and abroad.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.