Senior QA Engineer
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will promote and ensure the software quality of our products. You will be a key contributor to the entire engineering team by not only assuring high-quality code, but helping your teammates do so as well, by mentoring and providing support whenever needed. You’ll work across the engineering team interacting with product managers, designers, engineers, and other QA Engineers in gathering and executing against those product requirements in a timely manner.
What You'll Do:
- Work in a hands-on, collaborative environment with top product managers and engineers to build breakthrough experiences and products that solve our users’ most critical needs
- Participate in product grooming sessions with product managers and engineers to understand product goals, features, details, etc.
- Review product specifications (including requirements, flowcharts, designs, etc.) in order to prepare test plans and test scenarios
- Manually execute test plans, scenarios, and cases to ensure the customer experience matches defined product specs
- File clear and concise bug tickets to help engineers fix product defects and issues
- Play a critical role in all releases by conducting regression and smoke tests in Staging and Production environments
- Verify critical production issues as needed
- Involve in on-call rotations to support the production issues
- Be involved in the Scrum process, including stand-ups and related activities
- Test established products as well as new product solutions for new business lines
What You Need:
- 6-7 years of QA methodologies, automated testing tools and test strategies
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- Knowledge and passion for software QA methodologies & processes
- Experience as a quality assurance analyst, software tester, or functional tester conducting manual testing of web and mobile products
- Experience in writing comprehensive test cases aligned with product requirements
- Ability to understand the user’s mindset and how they might use the product
- Strong communication skills with all audiences
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse testing activities simultaneously
- Experience with Agile software development methodology using scrum, sprints, and JIRA
- Working knowledge of technical concepts including programming, logic, databases, SQL queries, data distributed across multiple systems, etc.
- Familiarity with third-party API concepts and integration
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.