Mexico City /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The Accountant will participate in a wide range of accounting activities, including month-end journal entries and sub-ledger reconciliations. The successful candidate will be responsible for regularly maintaining detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, as well as assisting in the preparation and execution of month-end schedules and financial reports while promoting and maintaining a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
What You'll Do:
- Perform timely completion of monthly closing activities, reconciliations, and general ledger entries for MX & US subsidiaries.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations to identify and correct discrepancies
- Prepare weekly payment batches based on AP aging and other ad-hoc payments when necessary
- Support with annual financial statement audit and tax compliance needs
- Adhere to internal practices, policies, and accounting standards according to IFRS (MX Books) and US GAAP (Consolidated US Books)
- Perform variance analysis for expenses on a monthly basis
- Review of received invoices (SAT)
What You'll Need
- +5 years experience in accounting
- Strong understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Previous experience with accounts payable
- Experience in Excel and management of accounting systems/ERP
- Strong understanding and practical experience in local taxation in MX (VAT, income tax, payroll tax, withholding tax).
- Understanding ERP systems (NetSuite is a plus)
- English Level: Advanced
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.