Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala is looking for a well-rounded, entrepreneurial, and customer-focused Marketing Manager to join our Philippine office. This role will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for leading marketing strategy and initiatives to acquire new, high quality customers and deepen trust and loyalty with existing customers in the Philippines.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate self-starter with strong bias for analytics and critical thinking, and has expertise in managing complex businesses and scalable marketing campaigns. If you are passionate about bringing innovative products to customers, thrive between analytical and creative projects, and embrace a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we’re excited to meet you!
What you'll do:
- Define marketing strategy and launch holistic campaigns across traditional, digital, and in-app channels to drive user acquisition & engagement and build a healthy book of loyal and financially healthy customers
- Continuously identify new opportunities to grow the business, test new marketing channels, and execute prioritized initiatives end-to-end
- Own in-country marketing KPIs and report results regularly to Leadership and the broader marketing and Philippine team
- Make business cases and recommendations to optimize performance and return on investment based on diligent tracking of metrics, budget, and spending of marketing efforts
- Build positive awareness and lasting reputation for Tala as a trusted financial partner through an evolving public relations and corporate communications strategy catered to customers, partners, regulators, and the general public
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across Product, Operations, Credit, Finance, Legal on strategic priorities to positively impact the Philippine business
- Build strong relationships with the US team and play an influential role in shaping global and local strategies and surfacing challenges and opportunities
- Develop and manage a high-functioning local marketing team
- Track competition closely and stay informed on market landscape and technology trends
- 5+ years experience in marketing or technology
- 5+ years experience working with consumer-facing brands
- Ability to plan and lead marketing initiatives end-to-end, from research and strategy, to execution and data analysis
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex data and insights to inform marketing strategies
- Deep understanding and care for the end customer and proven bias towards building consumer-centric products and solutions
- Has a growth mindset - persistent, adaptable, self-starter
- Clear, confident, and empathetic communicator
- Strong attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Understands local culture and trends
- Collaborative and fun! You will be joining and working with teams of passionate, creative, intelligent people who believe in the Tala mission.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Management, or a similar field
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working with global teams
- Familiarity with consumer finance products and services and the general fintech landscape in the Philippines and Southeast Asia
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.