Senior Compliance Audit Manager
Mexico City /
Global Business /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala is seeking a Global Compliance Audit Manager to lead Tala’s compliance infrastructure
through monitoring policies and procedures, helping to implement and enforce internal controls and providing regular reporting to the company’s Compliance head.
1. Build an internal audit plan and roadmap for the audit teams
2. Design a sustainable Global Audit process
3. Develop reporting for Local and Global Compliance groups
4. Develop a continuous process for identifying and mitigating risks
What You'll Do
- Managing a global team of compliance auditors
- Leading and executing the annual global risk assessment
- Build Global audit plans according to risk
- Manage Global risk register and management action plans
- Coordinate external audit projects
- Developing a risk-based audit plan globally to proactively identify regulatory gaps and ensure swift resolution
- Recommend policies and controls
- Developing a sustainable and responsive program to identify and mitigate risks as they arise
- Conduct global audits with a high level of integrity and flawless execution
What You'll Need
- At least 5 years of experience managing audit projects and an audit team either in a financial institution or at an audit or consulting firm, preferably in compliance/regulatory audit.
- Knowledge of financial services products and services as well as the ability to understand operational processes, specifically lending.
- Knowledge of audit best practices and experience designing and executing an audit program from scoping through exit reporting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders, including our Legal team and members of senior management.
- Superior judgment and rigor in relation to problem-solving and appropriate escalation of issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Proficient in English
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience with SQL, Looker, or other reporting tools.
- At least 2 years of banking or Fintech experience. Collections, customer experience, or call quality experience preferred.
- Familiarity with SOX controls and monitoring tools
- Professional certification such as CIA or CPA
Nice to Have
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.