Senior Lifecycle Marketing Specialist
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on and data-driven lifecycle/ CRM marketing leader who is interested in working for a top fintech company with a social mission to provide financial access to our customers across Mexico, Kenya, Philippines, and India who are underserved and unbanked.
In this role, you will be leading efforts around the planning, development, deployment and performance reporting of lifecycle campaigns across SMS, in-app, push and email in our global markets. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the responsibility of seeing campaigns through from early stage to deployment and analysis, and has a strong passion for CRM software, execution and leveraging data to create relevant, personalized communications.
You will work cross-functionally with marketing, product management and other teams to transform marketing strategies into reality through end-to-end campaign management that drive conversion and retention using cross-channel messaging with a “test and learn quickly” mindset.
The ability to work collaboratively in a very fast-paced work environment, operate strategically as well as tactically as the situation demands, develop compelling messaging tests, identify data anomalies, execute flawlessly, streamline integration of marketing data, and drive initiatives with minimal supervision are essential requirements for this role.
- Design, build, implement, measure, and iterate on lifecycle strategies that build personalized relationships with prospects and customers through all stages of their journey
- Partner with Marketing, Product, and CX to execute and optimize high-performing lifecycle marketing campaigns
- Generate data-driven hypotheses and execute A/B tests to inform new marketing strategies and drive outsized ROI
- Use data, analytics, and experimental design to drive improvements across a wide variety of business objectives
- Lead the lifecycle production process from ticket creation through to deployment and analysis, identifying process flows to maximize team efficiency
- Execute on lifecycle marketing campaigns per requests of stakeholders
- Problem solve in real time to address service interruptions impacting customers
- Learn business rules, product flows, and underlying data to support rapid delivery of reliable solutions with the highest level of precision and data quality
- Work with data, product, and engineering teams to define any new requirements to ensure the right data are available for relevant, personalized, and real-time campaigns
- Manage, develop, coach, and motivate team members in a highly engaged, high performance culture
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant lifecycle marketing and mobile/CRM experience
- Hands on experience with marketing automation platforms; experience with Braze a plus (experience with Iterable, Responsys, ExactTarget, LeanPlum, Klaviyo also considered)
- Solid understanding of email, in-app, push & SMS including campaign automation, data feeds in and out, and segmentation queries
- Passion for analysis of results; basic SQL knowledge strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change and effectively prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills with ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communicator with a collaborative, can-do attitude
- Proven ability to process and synthesize data with a strong analytical approach to funnel activation metrics measurement, campaign performance, and optimizations.
- Analytically minded; able to effectively communicate analysis results to drive decisions
- Experience writing clear, compelling copy
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Cross-cultural skills with a passion for serving our customers and working with global teams across Mexico, Philippines, Kenya, and India
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.