Senior Marketing Manager
Mexico City /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala is looking for a well-rounded, entrepreneurial, and customer-focused Senior Marketing Manager to join our Mexico office. This role will report to the General Manager, oversee the Mx Marketing Team, and will be responsible for leading marketing strategy and initiatives to acquire new, high-quality customers and deepen trust and loyalty with existing customers in Mexico. Our ideal candidate is a passionate self-starter with a strong bias for analytics and critical thinking and has expertise in managing direct-to-consumer brands and scalable marketing campaigns. If you are passionate about bringing innovative products to customers, thrive between analytical and creative projects, and embrace a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we’re excited to meet you!
- Define MX marketing strategy outlining target audience, core value propositions, and competitive differentiators to guide all MX marketing efforts
- Own offline performance offline campaigns being directly responsible for delivering strong, measurable results
- Drive the overall planning and execution of brand marketing campaigns, including the strategic positioning, value proposition, and creative execution for the Mexican market
- In alignment with Tala’s global and local team, lead Mexico’s product marketing strategy to ensure cohesive communications throughout the whole customer journey and experience
- Collaborate hand in hand with performance marketing to ensure our creatives and ad targeting are driving maximum results for MX
- Continuously identify new opportunities to grow the business, test new marketing channels, and execute prioritized initiatives end-to-end
- Lead market and global teams dedicated to MX while owning in-country marketing OKRs and report results regularly to Leadership and the broader marketing and MX team
- Lead unique partnerships from opportunity identification, partnership design, negotiation, and implementation to further expand the reach of Tala’s products and services
- Identify business challenges, propose analytically grounded, well-researched solutions, and drive execution
- 7+ years experience in marketing
- 5+ years of experience working with consumer-facing brands, preferably in the financial mobile app and lending sectors
- Ability to plan and lead marketing initiatives end-to-end, from research and strategy to execution and data analysis
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex data and insights to inform marketing strategies
- Deep understanding and care for the end customer and proven bias towards building consumer-centric products and solutions
- Has a growth mindset - persistent, adaptable, self-starter
- Excellent external relationship-building skills to cultivate new partnerships
- Hands-on experience developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience marketing for B2C products
- Track record of delivering projects and impact in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Mexico’s fintech landscape
- Familiarity with tech-enabled credit or payments products and the general consumer fintech landscape
- Experience in financial services/fintech a plus
Preferred Skills & Experience:
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.