Senior Strategy Analyst
Business Intelligence & Analytics /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a key member of the global strategy & analytics team, you will work on initiatives to enhance Tala’s ability to execute against the company’s strategic vision through analytical expertise, problem evaluation, and resource prioritization to drive business execution. You will leverage our large, structured, and unstructured datasets to help drive our business strategy forward. Your projects could range from applying machine learning models to drive operational efficiencies to leveraging an in-depth analysis of complex business problems to provide actionable recommendations which should improve the lifetime value of the customer or drive product analytics and optimization efforts.
What you'll do
- Work in partnership with our in-country, marketing, product, operations, and risk-management teams to define and execute business strategy globally across diversified financial products
- Size new strategic opportunities and work with key business stakeholders, including Tala’s Leadership Team, to drive new initiatives, prioritization, and strategic planning
- Partner with data teams to determine innovative ways to leverage data to solve business problems and see them to execution
- Problem solve: break down complex, vague business problems and translate them into specific data-driven solutions
- Design and implement solutions: go beyond the analysis to manage business initiatives from conception to implementation and monitoring
- Analyze results: work with operations, product, and credit teams to quantitatively evaluate performance of different strategies
- Knowledge share: coach other team members in their work, and translate complex data theories into scalable learning opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years in a marketing, operations, finance or product-oriented analytics position at a high-growth company (or equivalent experience)
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical & analytical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Able to look beyond the immediate deliverable, find the real data problem, and solve for it
- Self-starter who is capable of independently researching and designing solutions to a wide range of analytical challenges of a rapidly-scaling business
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, understanding that week-to-week priorities may shift as new business challenges emerge
- Proficiency with Excel or Google Sheet and Business Intelligence software (e.g. Looker or Tableau)
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience with providing insights and recommendations based on analysis
- Experience with cleaning and validating data sets for analytical consumption
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.