Global Business /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Drive Tala’s overarching business success in The Philippines. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end market P&L while setting the vision and strategy to drive sustained business growth. You will build and cultivate a world-class country leadership team and act as a thought leader and stakeholder on Tala’s global leadership team. Cutting across disciplines and geographies, you will solve diverse problems, drive outcomes, and be the voice of Tala Philippines both internally and externally as you work to fundamentally improve financial inclusion for millions of Philipinos.
What you'll do:
- Accelerate Tala’s trajectory in the Philippines by owning the overall P&L of the market and driving both strategy and execution at the market level
- Develop and enable a cross-functional leadership team responsible for both customer and financial targets
- Act as the voice of the Philippines on Tala’s Global Leadership Team and contribute to Tala’s global strategy and success
- Identify business opportunities and challenges, driving analytically grounded, well-researched solutions with high-quality execution
- Amplify Tala’s marketing, brand, and external affairs presence in the Philippines, building our reputation as a market-leading innovator empowering the underserved
- Extend and expand Tala’s partner relationships to become a key driver of future growth
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with Tala’s global team to accelerate Tala’s roadmap and growth in the Philippines
- Create a high-performance and deeply engaged culture amongst the operating team in the Philippines across a breadth of disciplines and seniority
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of business leadership experience in a high-growth, technology-enabled organization
- Strong data-driven approach with a track record of driving growth across key metrics
- Experience managing a P&L at scale and hitting operating plan targets
- Demonstrated ability to work across diverse disciplines such as Marketing, Credit, Finance, Operations, Product, Technology, and Partnerships
- Experience in managing a team, being a leader of leaders, and hiring amazing talent across disciplines; you work well cross-functionally and bring an inspiring approach to the workplace
- Excellent communications skills (written & oral) and an ability to drive strategic alignment while also communicating complex issues and nuanced considerations clearly
- Deep network and ability to make strong connections within Fintech, Finance, or adjacent industries
- Comfort and capability to work effectively across diverse cultures and time zones
- Deep customer empathy and a solutions-oriented problem solver
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.