Customer Experience Advocate - India
Customer Experience /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
About The Job
Tala seeks a customer experience team member focusing on servicing our customer's daily identity verification submissions, and focusing on the quality of information and efficiency in time management. We are looking for a team member who can manage multiple tasks at a time and work with all departments to ensure we grow as a company and improve our products for our customers.
This role is part of a team driven by a passion for servicing customers to the best of our ability and focusing on customer experiences. Your goal would be to participate in daily customer engagement and focus on helping our customers succeed in their goals. We expect all team members to come every day looking to make an impact on our customers and help our business improve in the process.
What You’ll Do
- Efficiently and promptly resolve customer complaints and questions by clarifying customers’ issues; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; following up to ensure resolution.
- Build a good standing relationship with our customers.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Complete daily tasks associated with verifying customer identity (ex. Closing tickets, reporting on details, supporting other team members)
- Reliably fulfill duties during scheduled shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Provide feedback and ideas on the efficiency of the customer service processes.
- Attending training sessions to grow knowledge of products and to develop customer service skills.
- Escalate any customer complaints to the Team Lead and ensure solutions have been delivered on time.
What You’ll Need
- 3-4 years of experience (2 years of experience can also be considered if there is prior experience of formal work in Internet- or phone-based customer service)
- Strong decision-making and conflict-resolution skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle customer complaints.
- Good work ethic and team player.
- Fast at working in modern web technology.
- Fast at learning new systems and processes.
- Ability to manage and work under pressure.
- Fluency in English and Hindi/Hinglish.
- Ability to switch seamlessly between these languages will also be required.
- Fluency in any other language/s is an additional plus
- Customer service passion, skills and experience Financial product knowledge.
- Focus on quality and conflict resolution.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate clearlyMulti-tasking
- Quality typing skills (above 45 wpm)
- Experience with ZenDesk/Freshdesk is a plus
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.