SDET II - India
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Software Development in Test who is passionate about using cutting-edge test automation tools and technologies to create robust test frameworks and test suites in order to speed up the product delivery process without compromising quality and performance. This hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves role will ensure quality control across Tala’s backend services and mobile applications in multiple markets.
What You'l Do
- Develop test automation suites to expand test coverage to all BE functional scenarios and integrate it into the regression and release process.
- Support the team for all releases and communicate issues to the product in a timely manner.
- Deliver tools to help test integration with 3rd party services (Payment Rails, SMS/Email, KYC (know your customer), Analytics, etc.).
- Integrate automated test execution into the software development process.
- Collaborate with squad lead and other key stakeholders to strategize rollout.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Credit, and Business Development) in identifying automation areas to further increase the quality of our product.
- Maintain, review, propose, and implement improvements to existing frameworks, tools and processes.
- Continuous learning of new tools and helping the team in optimizing the test framework consistently.
What You'll Need
- Preferred BS Degree in Computer Science and/or Math or equivalent skills
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in building test tools and frameworks using Groovy/Kotlin/ Java/ Scala, Jenkins or similar CI-CD tools, Shell Scripting, Linux/ Mac OSX for either backend or frontend services.
- Experience with BDD testing paradigm and one of the Behavior Driven Testing frameworks such as Spock or JBehave or cucumber.
- Knowledge in microservices and automation.
- Experience working in an Agile development process (Scrum/ Kanban/ Scrumban).
- Experience with one or more version control systems such as Github, Gitlab, Perforce, and Jenkins.
- Experience in FinTech is a plus
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.