Technical Product Manager
Mexico City /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Lead execution of country product roadmap for Mexico, one of Tala’s most exciting and valuable growth markets. As a member of the Tala Mexico product team, you will be responsible for delivering the future of our end to end product experience in Mexico, working in close collaboration with the local and global product, design, engineering and program teams and external partners/vendors to achieve exceptional business results while delivering in the market on Tala’s vision of financial agency for all.
What You'll Do
- Lead a high-performance, cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and analysts to drive execution to deliver measurable results
- Gather requirements, determine features, and develop product specs that minimize assumptions and ambiguity for developers, including non-functional specifications e.g. speed and availability
- Make thoughtful decisions/contributions around tools, solutions, and approach
- Drive accountability among various stakeholders
- Proactively identify blockers, challenges, and dependencies to minimize delays and friction in the execution
- Establish best practices and operating rhythms for the cross-functional teams working on the Mexico product roadmap in partnership with the Program team to ensure timely delivery
- Share product and technical architecture insights and best practices with the broader product guilds to help educate and evolve the product/platform
What You'll Need
- 2-3+ years product experience in technical product management plus experience in building core payments and/or wallet products and/or banking solutions from scratch
- Consumer mobile, emerging markets, fintech/payments experience a must
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to build the business case for technical improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external teams (like partners and third-party vendors)
- Fluency in Agile practices, and defining testing plans and success metrics
- Fluency in English
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.