Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Mexico City /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to design, implement, and maintain suitable infrastructure and applications on AWS and GCP public cloud environments using DevOps mindset. You will bring world-class cloud-native infrastructure & automation expertise to implement solutions for deployment, monitoring & remediation in an automated fashion.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership to the team in driving automation of infrastructure & platform services in Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, and Azure) using Terraform and Ansible
- Architect new solutions with development for infra & platform
- Design and manage Continuous Deployment using Kubernetes, ArgoCD, and Jenkins
- Monitor applications and services within the environments & be part of the on-call rotation to resolve issues and implement strategies to prevent future occurrences
- Set up intelligent application performance alerts in Datadog and ElasticSearch to find and fix issues before they impact business services and end-users
- Learn about technologies outside of your realm of expertise that help drive
What You'll Need
- +5 years of previous experience deploying and automating infrastructure in public cloud environments, using Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform or Ansible
- In-depth hands-on experience with at least one public Cloud platform (AWS or GCP)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in production
- Experience with Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins or ArgoCD
- Experience with Logging and Monitoring tools for SaaS such as Sumo, Splunk, Datadog, etc
- Proficiency in English
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.