Senior Android Engineer - KE
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The Android Engineer will act as a subject matter expert in Android, Kotlin, Rx, Retrofit/OkHttp, Dagger, architectural patterns MVVM and MVP, CLEAN design including repos and use cases, modularization, unit testing and integration testing.
The successful candidate will often onboard new contractors, provide pairing, training and leadership to ensure the new hires come up to speed efficiently and correctly. The Android Engineer will also contribute to the product features for the area in which they are the expert.
What you'll do
- Act as an “anchor” position on the Android full time staff.
- Act as the subject matter expert on not only Android in general, but also a specific slice of the Tala infrastructure (which will rotate over time).
- “Anchor” the subject matter knowledge and allow other staff and/or contractors to seamlessly transition into and out of the group.
- Have product feature responsibilities (must deliver features) plus intra-group responsibilities (lead, train, PR review, participate in the Android Guild, etc).
What you'll require
- 5+ years of experience, 4+ years of Android, 3+ years of Kotlin.
- 2+ apps in the Google Play store.
- Android, Kotlin, Rx, Retrofit/OkHttp, Dagger, architectural patterns MVVM and MVP, CLEAN design including repos and use cases, modularization, unit testing and integration testing.
- Jetpack Compose, MVVM, Jetpack navigation and Coroutine Flows.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.