Senior Financial Analyst
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a highly analytical and detail oriented senior analyst to join Tala’s Finance Strategy Analytics team. An ideal candidate is one who is hungry to learn, enjoys working with numbers, identifies opportunities for productivity optimization and takes pride in the work.
In this role, you will be responsible for financial forecasting and reporting activities; such as building a sustainable long-term financial model, preparing and conducting monthly financial reviews with key stakeholders as well as performing ad-hoc analysis. You will also collaborate cross-functionally across Finance and business teams to streamline processes, identify efficiency opportunities, and strengthen our reporting and financial controls. You will report to the Director, Global Corporate Planning (based out of the US).
What you'll do:
- Understand the key drivers of the business (e.g. origination, repayment, conversion, unit economics/lifetime value of customer) and collaborate with global cross-functional teams as needed
- Drive process improvements, scalability of financial models and development of reporting tools that provide business and financial insights
- Build and maintain global P&L to ensure an accurate representation of business performance
- Conduct financial forecasting and analyses; present findings and recommendations to cross-functional teams and senior management. This includes performing actual spending review and flagging potential risks/opportunities to business leaders
- Partner with Accounting and Global finance teams on month-end close or other process to ensure validity of financial reporting and performance tracking against budget
- Help build self-service reporting and analytics platforms at a global scale to enable the organization leaders create accountability and mechanisms for financial planning
- Proactively assess process improvement opportunities to simplify, scale, automate and run more efficiently.
- Bachelor’s BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or related fields
- 4+ years of relevant experience in financial and business forecasting, budgeting, performing variance analysis and presenting analysis with recommendations to senior leadership. Bonus if has experience in implementing budgeting software
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets modeling and data analysis skills
- Strong analytical background with a proven ability to draw relevant and impactful conclusions from data.
- Demonstrated handle multiple projects, drive them to completion and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Proactive, thoughtful, & highly organized; able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining impeccable attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence in an unstructured, cross-functional environment
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.