Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Software Development in Test who is passionate about using cutting edge test automation tools and technologies to create robust test frameworks and test suites in order to speed up the product delivery process without compromising quality and performance. This hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves role will ensure quality control across Tala’s backend services and mobile applications in multiple markets.
What you'll do:
- Capable of maintaining and creating existing/new automation scenarios and discussing with the team leads for optimizing the framework design.
- Understanding of how the work being done fits into the bigger picture
- Creating, maintaining, execution, and monitoring of automated tests for BE services.
- Good understanding of microservice and monolithic design patterns.
- Solving routine problems in own area and understands how to work with fellow SDETs and cross teams
- Monitoring of automated tests as well as maintaining them
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback to product
- Continuously review test case coverage in our test management tool and keep it up to date
- Develop and maintain test automation suites to expand test coverage to all backend APIs
- Integrate automated tests execution into the software development process
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Credit, and Business Development) in identifying automation areas to further increase the quality of our product
- Maintain, review, propose and implement improvements to existing frameworks, tools, and processes
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in building test tools and frameworks using Groovy/Kotlin/ Java/ Scala, Jenkins or similar CI-CD tools, Shell Scripting, Linux/ Mac OSX for either backend or frontend services
- Experience with BDD testing paradigm and one of the Behavior Driven Testing frameworks such as Spock or JBehave or cucumber
- Knowledge in microservices and automation.
- Experience working in an Agile development process (Scrum/ Kanban/ Scrumban)
- Experience with one or more version control systems such as Github, Gitlab, Perforce, Jenkins
- Experience in FinTech is a plus
- Preferred BS Degree in Computer Science and/or Math or equivalent skills
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with a globally distributed team working in different timezones
We strive to provide Talazens and their loved ones with a holistic benefit experience! We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
- Competitive compensation programs with stock/equity program
- Flexible work environments and Hybrid/Remote-first work model
- Medical (HMO, PPO, HSA), Dental PPO, Vision, FSA, DC FSA
- Employer paid Life w AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k
- Voluntary benefits like critical illness, accident, life, and pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Unlimited PTO, Wellness/rest “sloth days”, Paid Parental leave, Birthday Holiday, Life Event Days off, paid sabbatical after 5 years of service, and more
- Health and Wellness events and seminars
Salary Range: 130,000 - 165,000
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.