Senior Project Manager
Program Management /
Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. We are building the digital bank for the next billion!
So far, more than 6 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our Android app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
Tala is looking for a highly motivated Senior Project Manager to drive high performance of teams by building strong lines of communication across and our global offices. Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data, and a customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 3+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
As the Senior Project Manager, your mission will be to drive high performance of teams by building strong lines of communication across our global offices. You will support the delivery of products and initiatives using Agile practices and provide input into resource planning and allocation in coordination with the Program Management lead. You will also act as the team champion to ensure team alignment and support a culture of continuous learning through the establishment of consistent retros, post-mortems, and team health metrics.
What you'll do
- Support the delivery of products and initiatives using Agile practices and by serving as ScrumMaster for assigned teams.
- Participate in quarterly planning and bi-weekly reviews for the squad he/she/they supports as well as continuous reporting and unblocking.
- Organize roadmaps, timelines and review meetings for broad consumption.
- Support a culture of continuous learning through the establishment of consistent retros, post-mortems, and team health metrics.
- Provide input into resource planning and allocation in coordination with the PMO lead.
- Develop a strong understanding of context (across markets) of our internal tools to optimize for efficiency, productivity, and team morale.
- Be the team champion to ensure team alignment, advocate product and be the subject matter expert for our internal tools.
- 2-3 years of Project Management experience with proven expertise in Agile methodologies, concepts, practices, and standards.
- 2+ years experience leveraging software development and team collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, etc.
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “customer first”.
- Experience managing technical programs and projects for distributed teams across multiple locations and countries a bug plus.
- Must have strong communication skills - role will be responsible for intra-team and inter-team communication, as well as status reporting and risk event updates, so candidates must have strong written and verbal english skills.
- Flexibility to respond to changing requirements and juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Must be comfortable working both as part of a team and independently - includes ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and follow through on assignments with minimal direction. This role requires high EQ, comfort in taking ownership, and the ability to understand when escalation is needed.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others who are learning project management and Agile practices in a replicable, scalable way.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.