Mexico City /
Global Business /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
We are looking for a Reporting & Data Analyst who creates insightful analyses that aid management decision-making, improve performance, and elevate productivity, including:
1. Establishing targets
2. Identifying performance outliers
3. Researching + understanding the root cause of performance changes
4. Designing new metrics
Recommend strategy, process, and systems changes with clearly articulated tradeoffs, risks, and expected outcomes and own integrity of our internal operational data, defining and implementing process changes that ensure ‘data trustworthiness’.
What You'll Do
- Create analyses that begin to define churn metrics. These analyses should ultimately set guardrails or explicit goals for each team to achieve or monitor related to churn.
- Manage team dashboards and ensure information is accurate and transparent
- Conduct data analysis on trends and behavior within Customer Experience data
- Research frameworks, solutions, and methodologies to address key operational or efficiency problems
- Perform data-driven analytical projects to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve critical problems across business processes for the Customer Experience Department
- Assess potential risks, solutions, tactics, and strategic plans to assist the CX Management Team in making decisions
What You'll Need
- Strong demonstrated analytical/business intelligence experience, including data visualization for diverse audiences
- Advanced proficiency with SQL & Excel
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or similar data visualization tools
- Advanced English Level
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.