Director, CXCL Global Operations
Global Business /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala is looking for a highly motivated Director of Global CX Operations to help us enhance and improve our customer service and repayments processes and strategies. As the Strategic Operations Leader, you will work with the global Customer Experience and Recoveries teams (CX), located in each of Tala’s markets and report to the SVP of Operations. The Site Directors (Tala’s CX leaders) in each of the markets will have a dotted line reporting to you. The role will drive global best practices and partner with country CX leadership to identify key areas of improvement to ensure we are delivering maximum business and customer value from our CX operations.
A successful candidate would be someone with stellar strategy and project management skills with a deep understanding of customer service and recoveries operations in our markets. Great candidates will have extensive experience leading operations departments containing several functions, ideally with experience in recoveries, customer service, vendor management and/or project management. You should have strong analytical, organizational development/design, and hands-on operational management skills. In addition to your operations background, you have a strong understanding of the financial services space, preferably in emerging markets. You can and will roll up your sleeves to solve problems: you have a deep sense of accountability for (and demonstrated experience delivering) results through the success and growth of your teams. You have experience goal-setting and projecting growth, with a knack for cascading and communicating quantifiable, aggressive targets to your teams. Your teams and colleagues would describe you as an excellent communicator and decision-maker, adept at ensuring a large, varied audience understands issues, context, tradeoffs between different solutions, and reasons for decisions.
- Build center of excellence for the globally distributed CX operations
- Own global tools (e.g. Zendesk, Five9 dialer) management, product optimization & usage, and partner management
- Partner with CX leadership to globalize Shared Services best practices (e.g. Day 2 checks, QA, staffing management, CSAT/VOC management, etc)
- Lead development and ensure execution of CX sub-team specific OKRs
- Partner with CX leadership on workforce scale-up strategies (1st party, 3rd party scale with business growth)
- Create a Global CX Academy, designing curriculum and skills training for Advocates through Managers to improve performance
- Partner with key stakeholders cross functionally as a representative of the distributed CX teams to ensure that CX can both influence global decision making and work in close coordination with the global teams
- Work closely with Product to drive the next generation of Tala’s internal tool capabilities and help make customer support a competitive advantage
- Responsible for product strategy, evaluation and implementation of new tools to enhance operational effectiveness (e.g. new customer comms channels, chatbots, AI based late stage collections)
- Drive cross-market partnership with product to improve product rollouts and build an effective product feedback loop
- Drive implementation of process and strategy improvements identified by our centralized Operations Analytics team
- 5-8 years experience in collections, customer support, project management and/or strategy operations
- 2-5 years experience in consumer finance, microfinance, fintech or consulting
- Deep knowledge of the financial services industry (recoveries, financial compliance, consumer lending, etc.)
- Ability to size up problems and their impact and create compelling business cases on how to solve for them
- Ability and experience motivating teams, both indirectly and directly
- Ideal to have experience with international teams, BPOs or small dollar collections
- Attention to detail, with a research oriented mindset to optimize business processes and reporting
- Experience and proven success in Project Management
- Excellent communication, presentation and building a business case skills
- Proven ability to deploy set standards, procedures and policies with remote teams
- Analytical, with a data-informed approach to management and decision making
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.