Lead Marketing Manager
Mexico City /
Global Business /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala is looking for a well-rounded, entrepreneurial, and customer-obsessed Senior Marketing Manager to
join our Mexico office. This role will report to General Manager, oversee the Mx Marketing Team and
lead the MX marketing squad, and will be responsible for architecting the marketing strategy for Tala
Mexico to deliver market leadership, brand trust and loyalty, and company growth and retention goals.
What You'll Do
- Define MX marketing strategy outlining target audience, core value propositions, and competitive differentiators to guide all MX marketing efforts.
- Lead market and global teams dedicated to MX while owning in-country marketing OKRs/roadmap and report results regularly to Leadership and the broader marketing and MX team
- Drive strategy and performance for Mexico-focused acquisition and brand channels/campaigns across owned, earned, and paid media
- Lead partnerships from opportunity identification, partnership design, negotiation, and implementation to further expand the reach of Tala’s products and services.
- In alignment with Tala’s global and local team, lead Mexico’s product marketing strategy to ensure cohesive communications throughout the whole customer journey and experience as well as go-to-market for new products
- Continuously identify new opportunities to grow the business, test new marketing channels, and execute prioritized initiatives end-to-end
- Identify business challenges, propose analytically grounded, well-researched solutions, and drive execution
What You'll Need
- 7+ years experience in marketing
- 5+ years of experience working with consumer-facing brands, preferably in the financial mobile app and lending sectors
- Ability to plan and lead marketing initiatives end-to-end, from research and strategy to execution and data analysis
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex data and insights to inform marketing strategies
- Has a growth mindset - persistent, adaptable, self-starter
- Collaborative and fun! You will be joining and working with teams of passionate, creative, intelligent people who believe in the Tala mission.
- Hands-on experience developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience marketing for B2C products
- Fluent in English
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.