Executive Assistant to the CEO
Santa Monica, CA /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, results-driven individual who would provide one-on-one executive support directly to the CEO. In this role, you would manage the CEO’s calendar and handle internal and external communication.
What you'll do
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including: managing an active calendar, arranging travel plans, preparing expense reports, creating itineraries and agendas, coordinating events, exec offsites and compiling documentation for meetings.
- Acts as a ‘gatekeeper’ role for CEO, ensuring that CEO’s schedule is properly planned and followed
- Assist with all executive staff meetings, which will include (but not be limited to): creating meeting agendas, maintaining an action registry to drive company goals and disseminating information to senior leadership; communicate organization’s culture, mission and operational goals.
- Create daily and weekly itineraries for CEO and schedule internal and external meetings.
- Provide a bridge for communication between CEO and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 2+ years supporting C-Level executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and/or Apple Productivity Apps (Pages, Numbers and Keynote), Google Apps (Mail, Calendar) and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook)
- Familiarity with drafting and editing social media content
Preferred Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enthusiasm for Tala’s mission and culture
- Experience working at a fast-growth start up
Lastly, as a representative of our CEO, you’ll need to embody our core values. These values are not just something we hang on the wall – they are our articulation of expectations for how we operate, and we hold ourselves and each other accountable to them.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.