Senior Android Engineer
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer to contribute to our life-changing financial services app. In this role, you’ll join the elite team of Android engineers developing features for our large global user base. Enthusiasm and drive for crafting a great user experience is a must. If you enjoy taking a complicated idea/process and simplifying it for the user into a beautiful and compelling experience, then our team may be the right place for you.
What You'll Do
- Develop and support features that advance Tala’s mission and business objectives
- Deliver customer-focused features that prioritize polish, stability, and security
- Help establish, improve, and exemplify best practices for Android engineering
- Develop/improve complex features for current and future supported countriesProvide guidance when integrating with external partners (tracking, payment/KYC, support, etc.)
- Participate in refactoring the current codebase to achieve better abstraction and modularization
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Design, BizDev, etc.)
What You'll Need
- 5-7+ years of experience, 5+ years of Android, 4+ years of Kotlin
- Required skills: Android, Kotlin, Coroutines, Retrofit/OkHttp, Dagger/Hilt, MVVM, repos, use cases, modularization, unit testing, integration testing, Gradle, Jira, git, GitHub and Jenkins.
- Nice to have: Jetpack Compose
- Proactively identify issues and fixes, suggest improvements
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.