Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence & Analytics /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Sr.Business Intelligence Analyst, you will drive optimizations by converting raw data into actionable insights. By tying together our mobile, demographic, operational, and spending data points, you will generate models and insights that will push our strategy and drive optimizations around the globe. As we continue to build on our core lending product you will help leverage and develop our data infrastructure to improve our marketing performance. Our social mission requires you to provide quantitatively driven and socially-conscious decissioning every day.
What you'll do?
- Analyze results: work with functional units to quantitatively evaluate the performance of different strategies
- Problem solve: translate vague business questions into specific data-driven solutions
- Design and implement solutions: go beyond the analysis to manage business initiatives from conception to implementation and monitoring.
- Knowledge share: coach other team members to apply quantitative decision making in their work
What you'll need?
- 4+ years in an analytics position at a high-growth company (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent in SQL and in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)BA/BS in a analytical field
- Self-starter who is capable of independently researching and designing solutions to a wide range of analytical challenges of a rapidly-scaling business.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment, understanding that week to week priorities may shift as new business challenges emerge
- Experience with cleaning and validating data sets for analytical consumption.
- Familiarity with ETL tools and processes is a plus.
- Familiarity with advanced modeling and machine learning techniques outside of school or Kaggle
- Able to look beyond the immediate deliverable, find the real data problem, and solve for it
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.