Director, Global Corporate Planning
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a finance leader who loves to tackle big questions; is excited to engage with diverse cultures and understand the criticality of relationships; thinks as much about the customer as business performance; believes in continuous improvement and is insatiably hungry to learn. We are looking for you to bring your passion for business and corporate planning wizardry to help Tala better understand, predict and grow our business.
What you'll do
- Own the global planning processes; translate key business milestones into financial operating plans
- Work intimately with leadership (at both the corporate and market levels) and global heads of finance to drive business performance by building a robust reporting infrastructure; define, measure and report against critical business levers, metrics and milestones; drive standardization of definitions and reporting globally
- AmplifyTala’s story through data; develop internal & external executive communications, including board and investor presentations
- Fortify the Finance organization for scale and improve forecasting processes through the implementation of financial planning tools
- Spearhead Tala’s Social Impact and ESG frameworks to measure and monitor Tala’s impact on customer financial health and market dynamics
- Support the Leadership Team in making strategic investments, risk mitigation and trade-off decisions through quantitative and qualitative data analyses
- Identify new market opportunities through regular competitive analyses and investor research
- Elevate the company’s financial and business understanding through internal education
- 7-10 years of total work experience in a combination of FP&A, Corporate or Strategic Finance within high growth company, company wide budget planning is a must, plus points for budgeting at a global company with multiple offices
- Have experience implementing budgeting software such as Adaptive
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, influence, and communicate with all levels of management; preferred experience supporting global market or multiple business entities
- Advanced Excel and presentation building skills with experience in creating financial models and clear, concise presentation materials
- Proactive, thoughtful, & highly organized; able to work under tight deadlines while maintaining impeccable attention to detail
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.