Reporting & Data Analyst
Mexico City /
Customer Experience /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Reporting & Data Analyst who creates insightful analyses that aid management decision-making, improve performance, and elevate productivity, including:
1. Establishing targets
2. Identifying performance outliers
3. Researching + understanding root cause of performance changes
4. Designing new metrics
Recommend strategy, process, and systems changes with clearly articulated tradeoffs, risks, and expected outcomes and own integrity of our internal operational data, defining and implementing process changes that ensure ‘data trustworthiness’.
Whats you'll do:
- Learn and manage operational Looker reports, handle requests for adjustments or improvements.
- Ensure monthly reporting of team effectiveness and prioritize different solutions based on tradeoffs/risks so the CX/Recovery leaders can optimize performance of their teams.
- Manage team dashboards and ensuring information is accurate and transparent.
- Manage monthly Quartile analysis for Recoveries (inhouse, first party, and third party).
- Develop expertise in Zendesk reporting capabilities and assist with creating reports to optimize CX performance metrics and staffing.
- Develop and own framework (structure, cadence, ownership, etc.) for reporting on Recoveries operational metrics from Five9 dialer.
- Collaborate with in-country Recoveries leaders and BI analysts to understand and prioritize performance reporting requirements, using this to inform a globally consistent set of metrics.
- Manage the Customer Experience staffing and scheduling optimization model that incorporates drivers like: ticket volumes, expected productivity, complexity/type of ticket, SLA targets, etc.
- Analyze effectiveness of internal and external Recoveries strategies, including EDC stage performance, internal call/SMS frequencies, etc.
- Create analyses that begin to define churn metrics for both Recoveries and CX. These analyses should ultimately set guardrails or explicit goals for each team to achieve or monitor related to churn.
- Support streamlining daily, weekly, and monthly operational metric reporting.
- Conduct data analysis on trends and behavior within Customer Experience data.
- Research frameworks, solutions, and methodologies to address key operational or efficiency problems.
- Perform data-driven analytical projects to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve critical problems across business processes for the Customer Experience Department.
- Assess potential risks, solutions, tactics and strategic plans to assist the CX Management Team in making decisions.
- Concurrently deliver on portions of multiple strategy projects in a fast-paced, intense, results-oriented environment.
- Support CX leadership team on long range planning projects and ad hoc requests.
- Help manage vendor related matters such as costs analysis, billing and reconciliations.
- Manages Automation and Optimization of reports, insights and data collection.
- Handle credit bureau reporting process end to end and support in relationship management.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS in quantitative fields (statistics, economics, mathematics, data science, etc.)
- 3+ years in a data-intensive/quantitative role.
- Strong demonstrated analytical/business intelligence experience, including data visualization for diverse audiences.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL & Excel.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or similar data visualization tools.
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation skills, especially with non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional, proven ability to translate data into actionable recommendations.
Nice to have:
- Experience with at least one programming language (ex. Python).
- Experience using GitHub, JIRA.
- Experience working in financial services/lending.
- Experience working with an international, distributed team.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.