Senior Frontend Engineer
Mexico City /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The Senior Frontend Engineer helps build Tala’s frontend application to support market operations, new features, and migration processes. They push the team towards building a highly available, scalable, reliable, fault-tolerant, and performant platform. They are a great collaborator. The Senior Frontend Engineer follows and improves upon Tala’s engineering processes and standards while advancing Tala’s mission and business objectives.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement features as defined in the Product roadmap
- Review design documents, perform code reviews, and weigh in on implementation choices from other technical teams
- Help to continually improve our codebase with clean and efficient code as well as solve problems using the most appropriate technology
- Contribute to the complete migration of legacy codebase to a microservices architecture
- Contribute to the testing infrastructure to increase code coverage for frontend modules
- Help advance monitoring and alerting capabilities of backend modules to allow proactive improvements to availability and response times
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Expert knowledge in REST API design and development for mobile/web use
- Familiarity in building services as part of microservices architecture deployed in a cloud environment
- Experience working with both relational (MySQL) and non-relational (Cassandra, Redis) databases
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.