Mexico City /
Program Management /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala is looking for an experienced and engaging Project Manager who exemplifies what it means to be a servant-leader, a trusted advisor, and a confident mentor to Agile teams.
We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data, and a customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 3+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
You will use your technical knowledge and experience managing complex programs in building and launching digital products to advance our mission.
You are an expert in Agile practices (Scrum and Kanban), and are passionate about unlocking the creative potential of the collective team and clearing blockers for your teams.
The Project Manager will report to the Atlas Program Lead and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of products and initiatives in our thriving Mexico market.
Successful candidates will have a deep expertise in cross-functional planning and communication to ensure team alignment and to support a culture of transparency and continuous learning.
What you'll do:
- Support the delivery of products and initiatives using Agile practices which include typical ScrumMaster duties for assigned teams.
- Participate in quarterly planning as well as continuous reporting on currently planned work and risk mitigation.
- Organize roadmaps for assigned squads, timelines and review meetings for broad consumption.
- Support a culture of continuous learning through the establishment of consistent retros, post-mortems, and team health metrics.
- Provide input into resource planning and allocation in coordination with direct manager and department lead.
- Develop a strong understanding of context (across markets) of our internal tools to optimize for efficiency, productivity, and team morale.
- Be the team champion to ensure team alignment, advocate transparency and be a protector of the project.
What you'll need:
- 2-3 years of Program Management experience with proven expertise in Agile methodologies, concepts, practices, and standards.
- 2-3 years as a Scrum Master.
- 2+ years experience leveraging software development and team collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, etc.
- Experience managing technical programs and projects for distributed teams across multiple locations and countries.
- Flexibility to respond to changing requirements and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Focus on sharing, celebrating, and building momentum around positive results, delivering meaningful results for the business. Course-correction and adaptability comes naturally.
- Service-oriented attitude of “customer first”, with a collaborative and empathetic approach to problem-solving.
- Must be comfortable working both as part of a team and independently - includes ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others who are learning project management and Agile practices in a replicable, scalable way.
- Experience with agile transformation and ability to coach and mentor others who are learning project management and agile practices.
- Flexible hours will be required at times, global travel may be required (but only when it is safe to do so). We are currently a virtual-only organization.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.