Internal Communications Manager
Mexico City /
Brand & Communications /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an Internal Communications Manager with 5 or more years of experience who can own and execute our internal communications efforts. The ideal candidate would have tech and corporate experience. This is a highly visible role; professionalism and experience working with executives are required.
What You'll Do
- Manage and execute global internal communications efforts, which include virtual global meetings, market touchpoints, and more
- Coordinate with Tala’s global leadership team, global communications and marketing team, and the People team to communicate company strategy, performance, and key announcements across Tala’s global workforce Ideate on innovative strategies to build internal community and culture aligned with Tala’s values and guiding principles
- Regular pulse check-ins with country teams to understand any communication gaps
- Assist teams across the company with internal communications requests, whether it’s deck building, writing messaging, building Google Sites, etc.
- Draft monthly reports to measure the effectiveness and engagement of efforts and content
What You'll Need
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish, and a strong writer in both languages
- Deck Creation
- Event coordination
- Speech writing Google Suite, including Sites
- Emotional Intelligence & Empathy
- Utmost care with communication
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.