Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for growth-hungry accounting professionals who are striving to go out of their comfort zone, challenge the status quo and create an impact. The Accounting & Tax Officer will be responsible for leveling up the overall tax & compliance health of the organization and help improve the in-market accounting systems and processes.
- Ensures 100% compliance with local taxes and tax regulatory requirements including mandatory tax filings, payments, official receipts issuance
- Ensures 100% compliance to other relevant regulatory compliance such as the SEC, local government
- Coordinate directly with external tax consultants on the results of compliance check or issues
- Be a key contributor to projects relating to new products - its impact to accounting and its tax implications
- Assist the Head of Accounting and Tax & the Accounting Manager in tax research
- Assist on month-end closing activities and reconciliations especially those that have high touches in taxes
- Assist on month-end reconciliations
- Contribute to the overall improvement of the accounting processes
- Assist and help on other projects as assigned by the direct manager
- Accounting/Finance background
- 3-4 years experience in PH tax compliance including tax calculations, tax filings and reconciliations
- Deep knowledge and understanding of PH taxes and fundamental tax regulations and processes.
- Adept in accounting systems and working with large-sized worksheets
- Should have high attention to detail and value to high-quality work
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Teamplayer, open minded and growth mindset
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in supporting tax audits
- Good English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Netsuite experience
- CPA is a plus
- Strategic thinking
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.