Lead Product Marketing Manager, Accounts
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Effectively develop and deliver a customer-centric communication experience that articulates Tala’s value and positive impact on our customers’ daily lives from serving their immediate financial needs to helping develop long-term healthy financial habits. Build an enduring relationship with customers that drives conversion, engagement, retention, and loyalty. As a key member of the Tala Product Marketing team, you will be responsible for helping define and deliver an exceptional customer experience grounded in a deep understanding of our customers’ lives and the markets they operate in. The role will be responsible for leading strategic product marketing initiatives to improve conversion, engagement and retention across all of the countries we serve today (Philippines, Kenya, India, Mexico) through strong collaboration with in-country marketers, product managers, strategy analysts, and user researchers.
What you'll do:
- Drive go-to-market (GTM) planning for new product launches tied to clearly defined success metrics and in tight collaboration with Product Management and In-Country Marketing teams
- Articulate product value to customers through their entire lifecycle that builds customer loyalty through the most effective communication channels
- Develop product positioning and messaging, grounded in brand principles, customer values, and market insights
- Contribute at a senior level to defining and shaping Company and Team level Objectives & Key Results, which focus on high-value product marketing initiatives to move company metrics.
- Generate cross-functional partnership and operational alignment across diverse teams including Product Management, Insights, Design, Brand, and Customer Experience
- Define customer segments/ personas and create tailored campaigns and messaging for key personas
- Partner with lifecycle marketers to develop multi-channel (SMS, push, and email) customer communications campaigns that drive new customer growth, customer engagement, and retention.
- Strong experience and metrics-driven orientation for designing campaigns that drive measurable KPI growth across conversion, engagement, and retention metrics.
- Identify improvements to lifecycle messaging, initiate experiments to test hypotheses, analyze results, and reiterate as needed
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, with demonstrated expertise in product marketing, messaging/ positioning development, go-to-marketing planning, and product launches that drive customer growth, engagement, and retention
- Ability to oversee and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns (email, push, SMS, in-app) using modern marketing and CRM tools such as Braze
- Competent in end-to-end management of campaigns, including content development, production, testing, setup, monitoring & analysis, and presentation of results
- Cross-functional expertise with demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate effective cross-team meetings, driving towards clear takeaways and actionable next steps to solve complex problems.
- Experience with team management and people development with strong leadership potential.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with distributed teams
- Strong writing skills and careful attention to detail
- Self-starter, solution-oriented, and can-do attitude
- Cross-cultural experience and strong empathy for the customers we serve
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.