Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a market Finance Manager that is passionate about developing a deep understanding of the business and using data to drive important strategic analysis and operational decision-making. This role will lead financial planning and business forecasting in the market and across departments and geographies to drive key business initiatives.
What you’ll do.
- Understand the key drivers of the local business (e.g. growth, repayment, conversion, unit economics/lifetime value of customer) and collaborate with both Corporate FP&A and local cross-functional teams to articulate market strategy, monitor critical KPIs and support corporate forecasting
- Support head of finance in different analyses and perform detailed financial analysis to model out new investments, business cases and strategic initiatives, identifying the potential risks & opportunities across different scenarios
- Report on monthly market financial performance and analyze variances to plan/forecast, articulating the impact to the business from both the vertical (revenue/profit) as well as horizontal (unit economics/LTV) perspective
- Support annual corporate operational planning and reforecasts, including budgeting for headcount, OPEX and capital allocation
- Support local Country Leadership Team in any analytical need and be an advocacy of the market.
- Liaise between HQ and CLT to ensure alignment around business and financial objectives; be first alert to broader Finance team around opportunities + challenges, and shifts in the business
- Other ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Invest in the team - bring your own personality, quirks and let’s have fun while leveling each other, and the business, up!
Who you are-
- A collaborative self-starter. You’re excited to pursue new initiatives and love to partner with cross-functional leads to move the business forward.
- You have the ability to translate insights into action. You not only build complex financial models, but you’re able to distill key learnings and use those insights to drive strategic planning and initiatives.
- A highly innovative problem-solver. You approach a problem from different perspectives and use your holistic understanding of the business to see new opportunities/risks.
- A mentor. You enjoy mentoring and get fulfillment from watching careers grow
- Passionate about social enterprise and find meaning in working to make the world a better place
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other quantitative degree.
- Experience in Finance or Accounting (minimum of 5 years experience)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in an unstructured, cross-functional environment
- Deeply analytical problem-solver. Bonus points for experience with data analytics languages (e.g. SQL, Python) and/or data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Amplitude, Tableau)!
- Excellent proficiency in Excel
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.