Senior Project Manager, KE
Program Management /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala is looking for a highly motivated Senior Project Manager to manage projects in our Global Markets Program. The role holder will report to the Global Markets Program Manager and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of projects using Agile practices and the Tala Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Successful candidates will have deep expertise in Agile methodologies and have a background managing projects in high growth and remote first environments. The ideal candidate for this position will be one who is comfortable taking a leadership role, who excels at sound decision making, understands when and why escalation is needed, and possesses a high level of emotional intelligence.
Program Team Mission:
Optimize our working environments and cultivate practices that empower Talazens to accomplish our common goals together by ensuring focus, alignment, collaboration, and transparency across all teams.
What You'll Do:
- Manage project delivery using Agile practices and Tala SDLC .
- Organize project plans, schedules and review meetings for project success.
- Track and ensure resolution of project risks and alignment of dependencies
- Communicate consistent status updates at right level of detail for the audience
- Foster a culture of continuous learning through the utilization of demos, retros and established performance metrics.
- In collaboration with Engineering, manage resource and capacity planning.
- Develop a strong understanding of context (across markets) of our internal tools to optimize for efficiency, productivity, and team morale.
What You'll Need:
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience with proven expertise in Agile methodologies, concepts, practices, and standards
- 2+ years experience leveraging software development and team collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, etc
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “customer first”.
- Strong communication skills. Role will be responsible for cross functional communication, as well as status reporting and risk event updates, so candidates must have strong written and verbal skills.
- Practical experience working at high growth company(s) with heavy virtual communications
- Flexibility to respond to changing requirements and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Comfortable working both as part of a team and independently - includes ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and follow through on assignments with minimal direction. This role requires high EQ, comfort in taking ownership, and the ability to understand when escalation is needed
- Ability to coach and mentor others on Agile practices in a replicable, scalable way
- Proven experience managing technical projects and projects for distributed teams across multiple locations.
- Experience in managing mobile app development, full stack software development projects in CICD environment, integration with third party APIs.
- Experience in managing other technical areas, such as BI, Data Engineering, IT are nice to have.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.