Lead Product Manager - India
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Lead product strategy and execution for India, one of Tala’s most exciting and valuable growth markets. As a key member of the Tala India leadership team, you will be responsible for defining and delivering the future of our end-to-end product experience in India, working in close collaboration with the India GM and global product leads to achieve exceptional business results while delivering in market on Tala’s vision of financial agency for all
What You'll Do
- Develop and optimise the product strategy and product roadmap for India in collaboration with the GM and global product leads
- Build business cases and drive outcome-oriented product prioritization decisions
- Cultivate and communicate a deep understanding of Tala’s audience, opportunity, and competitive landscape in India
- Deliver clear and compelling product specs, partnering closely with engineering to ensure excellent development execution
- Influence key stakeholders in India and globally to drive a cohesive product and market strategy, generating strategic and operational alignment through excellent thought leadership, planning and communication.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights coupled with a deep understanding of both consumer behavior and the local financial services ecosystem to drive outsized impact and ROI
- Drive go-to market planning of new products and services in India
- Actively contribute to corporate strategy and company culture as a key member of Tala’s Country Leadership team
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience in Product Management, with a track record of success in finance, consumer mobile apps, or related industries
- Demonstrated ability to ship products and deliver meaningful business results
- Deep understanding of the Indian FinTech and/or consumer mobile ecosystem
- Capable consumer of modern analytics tools with strong data fluency
- Strong understanding of modern development practices and planning processes
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with distributed teams
- Strong leadership presence with ability to vision set and manage through influence
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.