IT OPS Engineer
Mexico City /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Provide IT Operations to Talazens based in the US and Mexico, following and enforcing Tala’s IT policies and procedures. Support IT onboarding and offboarding of Tala’s US and Mexico employees, including hardware preparation and collection as well as managing accounts of various Tala software and services. Collaborate with global IT team members to bring awareness to rising or common IT problems and advise on any updates to policies and procedures.
What You'll Do
- IT ticket resolutions within reasonable and established timeframes
- Successful completion of new-hire onboarding with each new hire, as determined by the local People Business Partner
- Successful completion of departure decommissioning of accounts and hardware
- Regular discourse with the global IT team as it relates to ongoing issues, with emphasis on recommendations for improvements
-Participation in the documentation of new or updated IT policies and procedures
What You'll Need
-3-5 years of IT support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complicated technical information in a clear, concise, and simplified manner
- Deep sense of personal responsibility and accountability
- Knowledge of modern information security practices and following the latest technology trends
- Equally comfortable and knowledgeable with both macOS and Windows operating systems
- Comfortable working with and managing the Google productivity suite
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management (MDM) specifications and common uses
- Familiarity working within IT ticketing systems to provide support
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.