Recoveries Team Lead
Customer Experience /
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala seeks a Recoveries Team Lead to engage in consumer collections of overdue accounts. Primary responsibility will be monitoring, motivating, and training the Philippines Tala Collections Team to ensure KPIs are met monthly.
The position's purpose is ensuring an excellent standard of caring service, maintaining customer relationships, and emphasizing Tala’s brand of modern and convenient customer-centric service to the in-house Collections Team.
What you'll do:
- Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly metrics
- Ensuring delivery of daily reporting
- Participate in ongoing improvements
- Remote and on-site training of agents
- Review KPIs and recommend areas of improvement
- Responsible KPIs and performance of team/s
- Provide scorecard reviews to ensure adherence to contract performance standards
- Recognize performing agents
- Administer contests and incentives
- Other applicable projects as assigned or needed
What you'll need:
- At least 5+ years of Collections supervisory experience, working with BFSI BPO or financial institutions
- Strong understanding of the financial services space
- Experience working with external partners a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally, and in writing with tact and sensitivity to regional diversity
- Analytical ability, able to read and interpret data
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, G Suite, and Office programs
- Proficient in dialer systems, Collection CRM’s, Customer Service CRM such as Zendesk, Salesforce, Jira, or similar applications
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a dynamic team
- Ability to balance and schedule workloads, functioning in multiple time zones
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.