Director, Product Marketing
Redwood City, California /
Marketing – Product Marketing /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Talend is looking for a Director, Product Marketing to join our growing team based at Redwood City global headquarters or Philadelphia PA.
This is a very strategic role, as you and your team will be responsible for driving the sales enablement, competitive intelligence and bottom of the funnel GTM activities for Data Integration products across the Talend product portfolio. This role will serve as the front-line marketing leader and drive engagement with sales, product management, corporate marketing, field marketing, and partner groups at Talend. You will own key sales enablement programs, working with our field - sales, pre-sales, customer success, as well as with our product organization and our customers. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in either pre-sales (solution engineering), sales enablement or product marketing. For this role, we are looking at candidates who love talking to sales and customers, more than pure messaging people. We also need someone who can manage a small team of rock star Product Marketers.
You are an exceptional product champion and have extensive experience in enterprise B2B product marketing, as well as proven success in scaling product marketing teams. You have experience developing strategic and innovative GTM programs for B2B software products and you have successfully launched high growth products in your career. You deeply understand market dynamics, customer needs, the competitive landscape and product.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
· Drive sales enablement in collaboration with enablement team and develop relevant and quality enablement assets
· Build engaging enablement programs that help our sales and pre-sales stay informed and outperform the competition – e.g. certifications, courses, knowledge quiz, enablement games, etc.
· Evaluate industry trends, competitors and standards and how they apply to Talend's overall product positioning and differentiated messaging
· Drive our strategy for relevant 3rd party validation e.g. Gartner MQ
· Identify and represent the company in briefings with industry analysts, as well as at various speaking engagements and conferences
· Work closely with sales on opportunities and understanding if the products are meeting the Market need and providing that feedback to Product Management.
· Enable and coach our sales/pre-sales team and partners for qualifying/disqualifying potential deals, framing the use cases and communicating the Talend value proposition
· Craft engaging and high-quality marketing collateral using every medium: videos, keynotes, the written word, and PowerPoint
· Help define, research and understand the market and market needs, but with an emphasis on understanding the buyer and intended outcomes for Data Integration broadly.
· Influence product positioning, messaging, product collateral, GTM strategies and work with other team members to ensure the best quality content and information is presented to our prospects, customers, and influencers by assuring the product message is reflected in these assets.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU:
· 8-10 years of product marketing and/or pre-sales (solution engineering) experience with specific responsibility for developing high impact messaging.
· Deep understanding of B2B product marketing. Cloud data integration, data management, big data software industry experience required
· Conversant in audience and market understanding models, product market fit, distribution, pricing and selling strategies, positioning, messaging, thought leadership and analyst relations
· Track record with a modern marketing mix; has developed narratives, created thought leadership, presented to large groups and navigated marketing analytics; is a confident communicator
· Strategic and analytical thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop and execute compelling marketing plans
· Deliver sales training and enablement and develop tools such as sales kits, ROI analysis, and messaging guides to enhance sales effectiveness
· Comfortable with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrated use of critical thinking techniques
· Understand market and competitive market analysis to be able to manage and mentor our competitive intelligence lead
· Proven successful experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, sales teams, channel partners and system integrators, especially via enablement programs
· Stand out communication written and presentation skills and high energy level
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when needed
· Ability to motivate people
· Must be comfortable engaging with a variety of roles ranging from sales to senior executives
· Ability to set priorities, focus on details and motivate internal and external teams to deliver agreed-upon goals
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity consideration for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.