Senior Consultant, Professional Services (ESB/API)
Professional Services – Professional Services
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Professional Services at Talend is not just a P&L; it’s a strategic part of our company that helps drive our growth through the success of our customer base. The Services we deliver are designed to provide guidance, best practices, and help our customers scale their deployments of Talend across an enterprise.
Who we are:
· Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
· Services are critical to helping our large customers quickly become experts on Talend.
· Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 100 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
Who you are:
· A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful delivery of Talend Services.
· A true lover of data.
· Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
· A consultant with deep experience in technologies such as ESB, Java, Apache Camel, SpringBoot, API (RESTFUL & SOAP) , Kubernetes, CI/CD, Data Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure).
. Proven experience with SOA/ microservices /API architectures and design patters
· A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers’
· You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
What you’ll do:
· Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of our software
· Provide architecture reviews, application discussions and prototype or full development as needed
· Identify opportunities for products and services at existing customers
· Provide billable consulting assistance to ensure engagement success
· Perform data and/or application integration design and development, technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements
· Develop Best Practices based on field experience
Desirable Skills and Experience:
· Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 5 years of experience in the field, in a related area or a master’s degree
· Skills in Java, SpringBoot, Apache Camel, Message Brokers, JMS protocol, Event-Driven Architecture , Queuing Systems like Kafka, ActiveMQ , SQS etc.
. Skills in Microservices architecture, Dockers & Kubernetes.
. Skills in API Security, Governance and Monitoring
. Exposure to DevOps tools like Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible etc
. Exposure to Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
· Must have some exposure to Data Integration, or, preferably with Talend’s products
· Preferred experience in Eclipse, SQL and Oracle environments
· Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
· Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
· Experience leading and managing engagements and implementations
· Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
· Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
Location: Sydney, Australia, ability to travel up to 70%
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.