Technical Support Engineer
Irvine, California /
Customer Success – Customer Support /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Technical Support Engineer
Office-based in Irvine, CA
- As Support Engineer, you will represent Talend and communicate with customers via telephone, Zoom, and email to resolve cases opened with the Talend Support team.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with customers or internal team members.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Manage and resolve support cases with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Coordinate across numerous departments while driving issues to resolution.
- Have demonstrated experience using trace analysis, debugging, and source code to find workarounds and reproduce product issues.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and take ownership for identifying product improvements.
- Share knowledge with team members and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- Learn to use and support Talend products.
- Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision.
Skills and qualifications:
- Candidate is expected to possess strong logical problem solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals is required.
- Academic or comparable experience with an object-oriented programming languages required. Hands-on experience with Java or scripting experience is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting or debugging on Linux or Windows is required. Experience troubleshooting on Mac OS is preferred.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Comp. Science or a related field is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of relevant technical support experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of XML/XSD and modeling frameworks like UML is preferred.
- Working knowledge of a SQL-based Database is required. General knowledge of the database market (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of web service concepts and familiarity with SOAP, REST, WSDL, CXF, Camel and JMS is preferred.
- Understanding Hadoop and the cloud ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce is a plus.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.